Cooking healthy meals doesn’t necessarily mean you’re on a diet (or even want to be). January is filled with advice on what to eat, what not to eat, how to drastically change your habits. This is all great and can be motivating for some, but a simpler approach is worth trying, too.
Instead, let’s let cooking healthy meals be just that – making the choice to cook healthy meals. Maybe you’ll do it tonight. Maybe the next day, too. You might skip a day (hello, pizza night!) but then return to cooking healthy meals the following day. See what I’m getting at?
Having a reliable line-up of simple, nutritious recipes makes it easier to prepare healthy meals in January and beyond. Prepping food in advance can be a HUGE help (here’s my original food prep post along with a winter edition). So can getting inspiration from other food bloggers and those gorgeous cookbooks you got over the holidays.
I’ll be posting some new recipes soon (I took a bit of a blogging hiatus to help me sanely get through the first semester of my MBA), but until then here are a few old favourites to help you get inspired to cook healthy meals in the new year:
- If you’re looking for >> weeknight ease | Try >> chicken and black bean tostadas
- If you’re looking for >> lightened up comfort food | Try >> bean and vegetable chili
- If you’re looking for >> veggie-heavy | Try >> spaghetti squash Pad Thai
- If you’re looking for >> vegetarian | Try >>Thai red curry with tofu
- If you’re looking for >> something snacky | Try >> spicy roasted chickpeas
- If you’re looking for >> clean eating party food | Try >>mango guacamole
- If you’re looking for >> a better lunch | Try >> healthy chef’s salad